Privacy & security
- What Personally Identifiable Information We Collect and How it is Collected
- How Personally Identifiable Information is Used and Disclosed
- Links to Third Party Sites
- How We Protect the Security of Personally Identifiable Information
- Transfer of Information Outside of Your Country of Residency
- Children's Privacy
- California Privacy Rights
- How to Update Your Personal Information
- Compliance Issues
2. What Information We Collect and How it is Collected
Use of ShopTrue Service
Refer a Friend
We may offer a referral service so that we can tell one of your friends about our Site or services by forwarding certain marketing communications and/or emails to an individual you believe may be interested in our products and services.
Cookies and Log files
Like many websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. After collection, during our processing of the data, we link this automatically-collected data to the Personal Information that we hold.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. We use session and persistent cookies on this Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. We use persistent cookies to store your log in information so that you don't have to enter it more than once per visit to use our Site. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and more effectively target the interests of our users to enhance their experience of this Site. If you reject persistent or session cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site, such as cash back rewards, contests or surveys, will be limited. You may learn about how to remove persistent and/or session cookies by visiting the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website, allaboutcookies.org. We link the information we store in cookies to any Personal Information that we gather about our users.
Third Party Cookies
When you communicate with us (by postal mail, email or otherwise), we may retain those communications to enable us to process enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.Back to top
3. How Personally Identifiable Information is Used and Disclosed
- to identify you as a user of our service(s);
- to provide the services and offerings that you request, to communicate with you regarding such services and offerings (including sending you service-related emails), to facilitate your transactions with our merchants and to provide customer support relating to such services and offerings;
- to ensure the proper functioning of the Site and our services;
- to meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; to personalize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
- We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third party sources to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your Personal Information and/or your usage history, to information in the summary, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to our participating merchants to enable them to track which of their customers use our Service. Data shared with such third parties may include name, email address and/or mailing address; and to our group companies to enable us to provide the services to you, to third parties who process rebate check payments, hosting companies, content providers and software and/or hardware vendors who may have access to our databases.
- If you consent, we may also share your Personal Information with third parties so that we and/or those third parties may send you information about their respective products and services and which we or they consider may be of interest to you. Note that third parties may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
5. Links to Third Party Sites
6. How We Protect the Security of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is an important concern to us. We take appropriate measures to protect against unauthorized access to or loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Information. We implement generally accepted standards of technology security including firewalls to protect your Personal Information.
Unfortunately, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that any information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security except as set out in our ShopTrue Terms and Conditions. In addition, unencrypted e-mail is not a "secure" means of communicating with us, since e-mail may be intercepted by a third party in the course of its delivery.Back to top
7. Transfer of Personal Information Outside of Your Country of Residency
You acknowledge that we may need to host or store data outside of your country of residency, and in particular in the United States of America.
Although we cannot guarantee the same level of protection for your personal information as may be afforded in your country, and despite the risks entailed with on-line communications, we take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information.
It should be borne in mind, however, that you cannot hold us accountable for a security violation unless if we are at fault, in which case, our limits of liability shall be solely as set out in the ShopTrue Terms and Conditions.Back to top
8. Children's privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. Use of our service is not open to anyone under 13 years of age. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people whom we know are under 13 years of age.Back to top
9. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individuals who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Collinson Latitude c/o RewardAll, Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BU, United Kingdom.Back to top
10. How to update your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect and process is accurate, complete and current, but you may contact us at email@example.com to correct or keep up to date your Personal Information.Back to top
11. Compliance Issues
If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner.